BONKA CIRCUS, situated at Sluisstraat 79, 3000 Leuven (hereafter called: BONKA CIRCUS) attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and respects applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
During your contact with BONKA CIRCUS, certain information about you is collected and processed. Since you can be identified as a person on the basis of these data, these data are 'personal data'.
In this privacy statement we want to provide clear and transparent information about how we handle personal data.
By using the website www.bonkacircus.com and the services of BONKA CIRCUS, you agree that this Privacy Statement applies to the personal data processed by BONKA CIRCUS.
Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data will be processed by BONKA CIRCUS for the purpose of following objectives and legal grounds:
- In order to participate with the activities of BONKA CIRCUS (execution of agreement).
- Sending newsletters and invitations (consent of the party concerned).
- Compliance with the regulations applicable to BONKA CIRCUS in the broadest sense (legal obligation).
- Direct marketing in relation to existing clients (legitimate interest).
- Other specific purposes for which separate permission may be requested (permission).
Which personal data do we process?
For the above mentioned purposes, we may request, store, collect and process the following personal data from you:
1. personal identity data: surname, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail
2. identity data issued by the government: identity card number
3. national register number
4. personal characteristics: sex, date of birth, place of birth, nationality
We only use the information collected for the purposes for which we have obtained it.
Benefits in kind for third parties.
We may provide the information you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the purposes described above.
We use a third party for the following purposes:
- taking care of the internet environment (web hosting)
- providing IT infrastructure (including IT network, ...)
- providing and distributing newsletters and invitations
The necessary agreements have been concluded with the third parties (processors) who process your data on our behalf, which limit the use and processing of your personal data and which guarantee the same level of security and confidentiality of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the data provided by you to third parties unless this is required by law or ordered by the court.
We may also share personal data with third parties if you give us your express written consent to do so. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing prior to the withdrawal thereof.
We do not provide personal data to parties established outside the EU.
We only process personal data of minors (persons younger than 16 years old) if written consent is given by the parent or the legal representative.
BONKA CIRCUS shall not retain personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which they were provided or as required by law.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing. We have, for instance, taken the following measures:
- All persons who may be able to take note of your data on behalf of BONKA CIRCUS are bound by the obligation of confidentiality.
- We have a user name and password policy on all our systems.
- We pseudonymise and encrypt personal data if necessary.
- We make backups of the personal data in order to be able to restore them in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
- Our employees are informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Your rights regarding your data
You are entitled to inspect in and to correct or delete thepersonal data we have received from you. You can find our contact details below this privacy statement.
You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or one of our processors. You also have the right to have us transfer the data provided by you to yourself or on your instructions directly to another party. We may ask you to identify yourself with your identity card before we can comply with the above requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, please contact us directly.
You always have the right to submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission, which is the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Modification of privacy statement
BONKA CIRCUS may change its privacy statement. Such changes will be announced on our website.